Thursday 28 January 2016

Task 2 - Lip Sync Animation


Task 2 Lip Sync Animation

The voice clip I used was from The Matrix where Mr Anderson is being interrogated by an Agent. I chose it because between the dialect, it gave me the opportunity to really characterise the rig. To put my own take on it. Without hiding from the truth, I did struggle with this. Not the technicalities of the lip-sync itself, but the acting involved with the eyes and brows.

I spent a large amount of time adding emphasis on words, eye movements and head rolls to really attempt to sell the appeal of the character to my audience. I gained peer feedback from one member out of my class, which I would have really liked more with this animation. 

I did feel I got nearly, if not all the 12 principles of animation in there which really strained my abilities. It was a fantastic learning curve however. Beneath is the peer feedback I gained. I also found out that the playbast in Maya can make the audio file off sync and when I rendered it, I had to crop and change the audio in some places to make the facial animations fit. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment